STROMA COTTAGE - self catering for up to 10 people
“We don’t want to leave! The cottage is so comfortable and a real pleasure to stay in, an oasis refreshing to mind and body. Inspires such creativity from both adults and children in the studio. We long to be back.”
A deceptively spacious 19th Century granite property two minutes walk from Gardenstown’s picturesque harbour, Stroma Cottage offers relaxed, comfortable accommodation with 4 generous bedrooms that sleep 9 plus a sofa bed, and a large open plan living/dining/kitchen area.
As an added bonus, the house includes a big complementary art studio for sole use of guests – a great escape for adults, the teenagers’ hangout, or a relaxed messy space for kids to make a masterpiece!
The cottage is decorated in muted earth tones and blues to reflect the landscape. Step outside the door to walks along the beach nestling below wonderful red sandstone cliffs, the wee harbour, friendly local pub, authentic village heritage centre and the sense of being in a special peaceful place framed by a huge sweep of sea and sky.
• 1 double / family room
• 3 twin rooms (2 on ground floor and 1 with additional sofa bed on the first floor)
• 2 wc/shower rooms (1 on ground floor)
• Large open plan well equipped kitchen/dining/living room
• Huge studio/basic group room 12m x 6m, with tables, chairs, easels, sink and wood burner – great for messy work or play
• Freshly laundered towels and bed linen
• Wood burner in living room, central heating throughout
• Mix of original painted floorboards, rugs and carpet
• TV/DVD player and radio/CD player
• Free Wifi
• Washing machine
• Parking for 3 cars directly outside
• Complementary coffee, tea, sugar, washing up liquid and toilet rolls
• Selection of board games and books
• Stair gate
• Cot/baby bath/high chair/booster seat/child carrier on request
• No smoking
• Pets by pre-arrangement only
Living / dining room
Ground floor twin bedroom 1
Ground floor twin bedroom 2
First floor double / family room
First floor twin bed room
Complementary art studio / storage for surf kit, bikes etc
Please note there is very limited mobile reception in this part of the village.
Charges are for 7 nights, running from Saturday to Saturday unless by prior arrangement. We also offer a reduced weekly rate at certain times for guests using only 1 bedroom.
||Low occupancy rate
|Jan 2nd - Mar 19th 2016
|Easter Mar 18th - Apr 16th 2016
|April 16th - June 11th 2016
|June 11th - Sept 24th 2016
|Sept 24th - Dec 24th 2016
|Christmas week Dec 24th-31st 2016
|New Year week Dec 31st 2016 to Jan 7th 2017
Winter Warmer - £60 per room per night
For couples and singles looking for a short break during our off-season, still with exclusive use of the house and studio.
Please contact us to discuss availability, special deals and your personal booking requirements. Please download a Booking Form and Terms and Conditions by clicking here.
Booking is confirmed upon receipt of a £150 deposit, the remainder to be paid 6 weeks before arrival. For terms and conditions page please click here. We accept payment by cheque, bank transfer or PayPal, or you can use a credit card or Paypal by clicking on the deposit button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
To book your stay in Gardenstown - please check availability by contacting us first.£150.00